Thursday, July 30, 2009

2 New 8x8s ~ Waiting and Realize

Good Morning!


2 New 8x8 Paintings are Available!

Waiting
This mother gave me intensity from the beginning – she is content, I think, yet waiting intently for something. The arrival of a traveler, perhaps, or an upcoming birth? While one child has given in to rest, another child seems to float, barely suspended by a mother’s hand. There’s a photo of me when I was three and I appear to be floating aside my chair – I’ve never been able to explain it – now I figure that the energy was such (I was happy wearing a pretty yellow dress with a giant flower in my hair) that I was light as air.


Realize

After my father passed away in 1998, there was a song that mesmerized me – a country song titled Daddy’s Hands by Holly Dunn (“Daddy’s hands were soft and kind when I was crying, Daddy’s hands – were hard as steel when I’d done wrong, Daddy’s hands weren’t always gentle, but I’ve come to understand, there was always love in Daddy’s hands…”). I realize this painting is about more than a father’s touch – but about the breath and energy, eye contact and atmosphere that flow between. It seems fitting to complete this painting on the day that would have been my father’s 62nd birthday.


Camas Live is coming up on Friday, August 7 from 5-9pm in gorgeous and charming Camas, Washington. See more info in previous posts!


There are several 8x8s to choose from in the Etsy shop, see them here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5899985&section_id=5890229

Tomorrow is Free Cards Friday!
Comment on tomorrow morning's post and be in the running to win...

Have a great day!

Love & Sincerely, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Sincerely,
Katie m. Berggren
http://www.kmberggren.com