Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now - brand new painting released today

I Can See Clearly Now

completed August 20, 2009
24x30"
acrylic on canvas
$580

When I check on my boys at night – it’s all so clear to me...

Seeing them sleeping, peaceful, warm – without a worry in the world. Simple, simple being human – the way they should be. I realize the important things in life, then.

During the day, this clarity becomes cloudy as I tangle with attitudes, ask and ask again, frustrate and become frustrated and work, work, work – as a mother must do.

However, no one stated it would be easy – so as I maneuver my way through, truly, the hardest job in the world (if you are trying to do it right) I take comfort in those moments when I stop everything and grab the closest boy into a hug, a dance, a cuddle or a wrestle. I assure myself that I am doing my best to stay clear and still have something that is my own – my painting.

Glimpses come throughout the day when I can truly see what I am meant to be doing: parenting and painting – I urge them to come more often, but then again, there is always night time.

See more here

Thank you for allowing me to share this new painting with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Sincerely,
Katie m. Berggren
http://www.kmberggren.com