Monday, July 11, 2011

English Estate Winery ~ Images ~ Free Book Winner!

The English Estate Winery 2011 Art & Wine Fair has come and gone ~ so quickly ~ leaving behind nice memories of dappled sunlight on the booth, good conversation, new connections, and fresh air mingled with music.

In case you couldn't make it ~ I'd like to share with you these photos ~ I snapped them during moments of quiet ~ of my booth beneath the tree. This was the first event where I opened up two sides of my tent, and the flow-through was great ~ allowing for browsers ~ and a little space for me to sit and paint, off to the side.










Remember ~ an 8x10 original painting on a thick gallery-wrapped canvas. This piece has lovely texture and inspiring blues. She is available ~ you can grab her here.



Pendants and charms were a hit ~ and were displayed in the actual box from my studio where I keep my sketches!






12x12 prints!













8x10s from The Expanded Visions Collection, on display.





From top to bottom:




Meditation ~ she is available, you can grab her here!



Taking A Moment ~ she is available, you can grab her here!



Naturally ~ she is available, you can grab her here!






Inspiration books were a hit ~ and were displayed at this event in the actual box from my studio where I keep my writing notes!












I brought a pre-undercoated canvas to this event, hoping I would have some time to do some demonstrating. On Saturday, I was looking into the canvas, contemplating what should/would be painted there and one of my buyers walked past again ~ with her expectant belly and her little boy perched on her hip. I was instantly struck with what I wanted to paint, and launched right in. I will share more of this painting as time passes ~ as a matter of fact ~ it will be released this Thursday as a part of The Expanded Visions Collection.





Monica and her little ones went home with the original I Truly Believe ~ thanks Monica!




My two faithful Art Fair girls ~ Ratha and Carolyn ~ they come every year to see me at this event, and we always have to get our token photo :) Thanks Ratha and Carolyn!





This lovely mama and I could not believe the similarities and how perfect Something Beautiful seemed to fit her and her sweet little girl. She took one look at this piece and said "that's US!" Needless to say, she is hanging it in baby's room :) Thanks AB!



~~





This event was so fun ~ and as always ~ the rockin' music, the wafting smells of good food ~ the energetic conversation and rumble of visitors left me feeling perfectly happy. It is usually after an event, when I get to see so many buyers face-to-face, that I am reminded of *why* I do what I do ~ that I do it not only for my own meditation, sanity and passion for creating ~ but for all of the mamas out there... and I have met some touching and inspiring mothers.





*Thank you all*





*********************************





Last week, I had the honor of posting a review on the lovely book Mitten Strings for God, by Katrina Kenison.


Katrina kindly offered to give a signed copy of her book to someone who commented on the blog post ~ and the winner is Ash! I'll give Ash a couple days to get back to me ~ or I'll pick another winner because I realize she didn't leave any contact info :(


Thank you everyone, for commenting, and I will give away another copy in the near future.






Have a wonderful week,


Love & Sincerely ~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Sincerely,
Katie m. Berggren
http://www.kmberggren.com